- 1 Description
- 2 Environment Modules
- 3 System Variables
- 4 Additional Information
- 4.1 Initial authentication and authorization
- 4.2 GDrive commands
- 4.3 Revoking Access
gdrive is a command line utility for interacting with Google Drive. You can use this utility to transfer files between the HiPerGator environment and your UF-provided Google Drive storage.
module spider GDrive to find out what environment modules are available for this application.
- HPC_GDRIVE_DIR - installation directory
- HPC_GDRIVE_BIN - executable directory
Before using GDrive from the HiPerGator environment, you must give it permission to access your Googe Drive. Do that by following the steps below.
- Load the module and then initiate authentication using "gdrive about":
$ module load gdrive/2.1.0 $ gdrive about
- If authentication is needed (e.g. it is your first time using the module or your prior authentication has expired), you will then get the following prompt:
Authentication needed Go to the following url in your browser: https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/auth?access_type=offline&client_id=... Enter verification code:
- Copy and paste the supplied URL into a browser on your desktop.
- In that browser, log into your UF Google account using your UF credentials.
- You will then be prompted that "project-367116221053 wants to access your Google Account...See, edit, create, and delete all of your Google Drive files". Read the note below and, if you are comfortable with this, click [Allow].
- After allowing permissions, you will be taken to a page with an authorization code on it. Copy that code and paste it back in your HiPerGator session where it is waiting at the "Enter verification code:" prompt.
- You should now be able you access your Google drive using gdrive commands (i.e. try "gdrive list" to show the files currently in your Google Drive).
You can get a full list of available commands by typing "gdrive help" but example of the most common ones are:
List files currently in your Google Drive:
Upload a file to your Google Drive:
gdrive upload /orange/yourgroup/yourusername/mydata/somefile.dat
Upload an entire directory to your Google Drive:
gdrive upload --recursive /orange/yourgroup/yourusername/mydata/
Download a file from your Google Drive to a specific directory:
gdrive download --path /orange/yourgroup/yourusername/mydata/ 1PrZieajI6P6ikl1zk1Zn4zRhXZMOhoDg
gdrive download query --path /orange/yourgroup/yourusername/mydata/ somefile.dat
When you perform the initial authentication and authorization steps above, the program creates access tokens in your home directory as:
You can immediately revoke access at any time by removing that directory:
rm -rf /home/yourusername/.gdrive/