Managing GDrive Access
Back to GDrive
Before using GDrive from the HiPerGator environment, you must give it permission to access your Googe Drive. Do that by following the steps below.
- Load the module and then initiate authentication using "gdrive about":
$ module load gdrive/2.1.0 $ gdrive about
- If authentication is needed (e.g. it is your first time using the module or your prior authentication has expired), you will then get the following prompt:
Authentication needed Go to the following url in your browser: https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/auth?access_type=offline&client_id=... Enter verification code:
- The URL in the example above is truncated to make these instructions easier to read. The actual URL you will see on your screen is much longer. Make sure you select and copy all of it.
- Copy and paste the supplied URL into a browser on your desktop, and log into your UF Google account using your UF credentials.
- You will then be prompted that "project-367116221053 wants to access your Google Account...See, edit, create, and delete all of your Google Drive files". Read the note below and, if you are comfortable with this, click [Allow].
- After allowing permissions, you will be taken to a page with an authorization code on it. Copy that code and paste it back in your HiPerGator session where it is waiting at the "Enter verification code:" prompt.
- You should now be able you access your Google drive using gdrive commands (i.e. try "gdrive list" to show the files currently in your Google Drive).
When you perform the initial authentication and authorization steps above, the program creates access tokens in your home directory as:
You can immediately revoke access at any time by removing that directory:
rm -rf /home/yourusername/.gdrive/