The pyEGA3 download client is a python-based tool for viewing and downloading files from authorized EGA datasets. pyEGA3 uses the EGA Data API and has several key features:
- Files are transferred over secure https connections and received unencrypted, so no need for decryption after download.
- Downloads resume from where they left off in the event that the connection is interrupted.
- pyEGA3 supports file segmenting and parallelized download of segments, improving overall performance.
- After download completes, file integrity is verified using checksums.
- pyEGA3 implements the GA4GH-compliant htsget protocol for download of genomic ranges for data files with accompanying index files.
module spider pyEGA3 to find out what environment modules are available for this application.
- HPC_PYEGA3_DIR - installation directory
- HPC_PYEGA3_BIN - executable directory