PLAST is a parallel alignment search tool for comparing large protein banks. PLAST runs 3 to 5 times faster than the NCBI-BLAST software when processing large amount of data.
The following features are currently available:
- Protein vs protein (plastp), protein vs nucleotide (tplastn),
nucleotide vs protein (plastx) and nucleotide vs nucleotide (tplastx) searches.
- Query filtering using SEG low complexity filters.
- Karlin-Altschul alignment statistics.
- Composition-based score adjustments as in Bioinformatics 21:902-911
for plastp and tplastn.
module spider plast to find out what environment modules are available for this application.
- HPC_PLAST_DIR - installation directory
If you publish research that uses plast you have to cite it as follows:
Nguyen VH, Lavenier D. (2009) PLAST: parallel local alignment search tool for database comparison. BMC Bioinformatics, vol 10, no 329.