GNU nano is a small and friendly text editor. Besides basic text editing, nano offers features like
- opening multiple files
- syntax coloring
- interactive search-and-replace
- line numbers/soft-wrapping overlong lines
- word completion
- file locking
- internationalization support.
Entering text and moving around in a file is straightforward: typing the letters and using the normal cursor movement keys. Commands are entered by using the Control (^) and the Alt or Meta (M-) keys.
You can find a list of convenient shortcuts at Nano Cheatsheet. These can help you quickly manage the file itself, search, move, run commands and more.
You can also look at Nano Options for command line options you can add when launching.
module spider NANO to find out what environment modules are available for this application.
- HPC_NANO_DIR - installation directory
- HPC_NANO_BIN - executable directory
- HPC_NANO_DOC - documentation directory
- HPC_NANO_MAN - manual directory