If you are like many computer users, you would frequently like to make changes in various text files wherever certain patterns appear, or extract data from parts of certain lines while discarding the rest. To write a program to do this in a language such as C or Pascal is a time-consuming inconvenience that may take many lines of code. The job is easy with awk, especially the GNU implementation: gawk.
The awk utility interprets a special-purpose programming language that makes it possible to handle simple data-reformatting jobs with just a few lines of code.
module spider gawk to find out what environment modules are available for this application.
- HPC_GAWK_DIR - installation directory
- HPC_GAWK_BIN - executable directory
- HPC_GAWK_EXE - examples directory
- HPC_GAWK_INC - include directory
- HPC_GAWK_MAN - manual directory