Back to TensorFlow page
TensorBoard is used for visually monitoring statistics while a neural network trains.
One recommendation for using TensorBoard on HiPerGator is to run TensorBoard monitoring as a separate workload. Many neural network software frameworks are able to stream training data to a TensorBoard log file. Here are the steps to monitor the log separately from your training workload:
- Request a 1 CPU 2 GB RAM HiPerGator Desktop or a console session via OnDemand
- Start a tensorboard instance in the resulting terminal/shell (replace "./pathtolog" with the path to where your TensorFlow process is storing its logs):
$ module load tensorflow ubuntu $ tensorboard --logdir ./pathtolog &
- After a few seconds, TensorBoard will display a message similar to:
... TensorBoard 2.4.0 at http://localhost:6006/ (Press CTRL-C to quit)
- Copy the printed URL ("http://localhost:6006/" in the example above)
- Press <ENTER> to get back the '$' prompt
- Start a browser:
$ firefox (or chrome)
- Paste the TensorBoard URL into the browser's location bar to view the TensorBoard UI.