NetCDF is a set of software libraries and self-describing, machine-independent data formats that support the creation, access, and sharing of array-oriented scientific data.
- Starting with version 4.4.3 the upstream project split C and Fortran NetCDF libraries, which will take different developmental paths. We are following the upstream, so we have netcdf-c and netcdf-f environment modules for 4.4.3 and later NetCDF libraries. Please load the appropriate module. Note that the Fortran module man not have all supporting binaries that netcdf-c module has.
module spider NetCDF to find out what environment modules are available for this application.
- HPC_NETCDF_DIR - installation directory
- HPC_NETCDF_BIN - executable binary directory
- HPC_NETCDF_LIB - library directory
- HPC_NETCDF_INC - include directory
If you publish research that uses NetCDF, you may cite it as follows:
Rew, R. K. and G. P. Davis, "NetCDF: An Interface for Scientific Data Access," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 76-82, July 1990.
Brown, S. A, M. Folk, G. Goucher, and R. Rew, "Software for Portable Scientific Data Management," Computers in Physics, American Institute of Physics, Vol. 7, No. 3, May/June 1993, pp. 304-308.