Why is my job not running
According to SLURM documentation, when a job cannot be started a reason is immediately found and recorded in the job's "reason" field in the squeue output and the scheduler moves on to the next job to consider.
Related article: Account and QOS limits under SLURM
Common reasons why jobs are pending
- Resources being reserved for higher priority job. This is particularly common on Burst QOS jobs. Refer to the Choosing QOS for a Job page for details.
- Required resources are in use
- Job dependencies not yet satisfied
- Waiting for advanced reservation
- User or account job limit reached
- User or account resource limit reached
- User or account time limit reached
- Quality Of Service (QOS) job limit reached
- Quality Of Service (QOS) resource limit reached
- Quality Of Service (QOS) time limit reached