Why is my job not running
Jump to navigation Jump to search
According to SLURM documentation, when a job cannot be started a reason is immediately found and recorded in the job's "reason" field in the squeue output and the scheduler moves on to the next job to consider.
Common reasons why jobs are pending:
- Resources being reserved for higher priority job. This is particularly common on Burst QOS jobs. Refer to the Choosing QOS for a Job page for details.
- Required resources are in use
- Job dependencies not yet satisfied
- Waiting for advanced reservation
- User or account job limit reached
- User or account resource limit reached
- User or account time limit reached
- Quality Of Service (QOS) job limit reached
- Quality Of Service (QOS) resource limit reached
- Quality Of Service (QOS) time limit reached