VIBRANT is a tool for automated recovery and annotation of bacterial and archaeal viruses, determination of genome completeness, and characterization of viral community function from metagenomic assemblies.
module spider vibrant to find out what environment modules are available for this application.
- HPC_VIBRANT_DIR - installation directory
- HPC_VIBRANT_BIN - executable directory
Version 1.2.0 includes the following tools:
$ module load vibrant/1.2.0 $ VIBRANT_run.py -h $ vRhyme -h $ Propagate -h
If you publish research that uses vibrant you have to cite it as follows:
- Kieft, K., Zhou, Z. & Anantharaman, K. VIBRANT: automated recovery, annotation and curation of microbial viruses, and evaluation of viral community function from genomic sequences. Microbiome 8, 90 (2020).
- Kieft, K., Adams, A., Salamzade, R., Kalan, L., & Anantharaman, K. vRhyme enables binning of viral genomes from metagenomes. Nucleic Acids Research, 2022.
- Kieft, K., and Anantharaman, K. (2021). Deciphering active prophages from metagenomes. BioRxiv 2021.01.29.428894.