Difference between revisions of "Spark"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 15:48, 22 August 2022
Apache Spark is a fast and general-purpose cluster computing system. It provides high-level APIs in Java, Scala, Python and R, and an optimized engine that supports general execution graphs. It also supports a rich set of higher-level tools including Spark SQL for SQL and structured data processing, MLlib for machine learning, GraphX for graph processing, and Spark Streaming.
module spider spark to find out what environment modules are available for this application.
- HPC_SPARK_DIR - installation directory
- HPC_SPARK_BIN - executable directory
- HPC_SPARK_SLURM - SLURM job script examples
- SPARK_HOME - examples directory
Running Spark on HiperGator
To run your Spark jobs on HiperGator, two separate steps are required:
- Create a Spark cluster on HiperGator via SLURM. This section "Spark Cluster on HiPerGator" below shows a simple example how to create a Spark cluster on HiperGator.
- Submit your job to your Spark cluster. You can do this either interactively at the command line ("Spark Interactive Job" section below) or by submitting a a batch job ("Spark Batch Job" section below)
Spark cluster on HiperGator
Spark interactive job
Spark batch job
Job Script Examples
See the Spark_Job_Scripts page for spark Job script examples.