ResVault-How to encrypt a file for download
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Many projects require files to be encrypted within a ResVault Virtual Machine before being downloaded.
On Windows VMs, the 7-Zip tool is used for this.
- Connect to the VM
- If you have multiple files intended for the same destination, it is best to put them into a folder.
- Select an individual file or folder of files and right click.
- In the 7-zip options, select:
- Archive format: zip
- Encryption method: AES-256
- Enter and Reenter a password
- Click OK
- 7-Zip will create a compressed file that is encrypted and protected with a password.
- You can now return to the tiCrypt Connect in your browser and open the Transfer panel. Select the .zip file and click the Download button.
- When sending the file to someone, be sure to use different methods to send the file and the password. e.g. Email the file and call with the password.