Jump to navigation Jump to search
reCOGnizer is a user-friendly implementation of protein functional identification using COG database.
- It builds a split version of the COG database with which RPS-BLAST can run in multithread, significantly increasing the speed of the most time intensive step of protein annotation.
- After COG assignment to proteins, reCOGnizer converts CDD IDs to their respective COGs, before organizing those COGs into a relational table of protein to COG, with the inclusion of the three levels of functional classification from COG.
- reCOGnizer further converts assigned COG functions to EC numbers, providing more functional information.
module spider recognizer to find out what environment modules are available for this application.
- HPC_RECOGNIZER_DIR - installation directory
- HPC_RECOGNIZER_BIN - executable directory