Jump to navigation Jump to search
To run RStudio Server in a job on HiPerGator and connect to the session from a web browser on your local computer do the following:
- Create a job script similar to the following job script, but with your own resource request. E.g. run.sh
#!/bin/bash #SBATCH --job-name=rserver #SBATCH --nodes=1 #SBATCH --ntasks=1 #SBATCH --cpus-per-task=4 #SBATCH --mem=8gb #SBATCH --time=48:00:00 #SBATCH --output=rserver_%j.log module purge; module load R rserver
- Submit the job
- Once the job starts see the connection information in the job log. E.g.
$ cat rserver_9999999.log Starting rserver on port 37546 in the /blue/somegroup/someuser/rserver_test directory. Create an SSH tunnel with: ssh -N -L 8080:c12345a-s42.ufhpc:37546 email@example.com Then, open in the local browser: http://localhost:8080
- Use the above information to create an ssh tunnel from your local computer to the rserver instance.
- Once you enter the ssh line and get connected, the terminal will appear to hang and just sit there. This is normal, proceed to the next step, leaving the terminal in the background.
- Open http://localhost:8080 in the web browser on your local computer.
If you run into any issues open a support ticket.