- HPC_BEAST_DIR - installation directory
Beast is also available for use through the friendly web interface of the UFRC Galaxy instance. It's located in the "Phylogenetics" section.
Interactive beauti use
In short, you have to use a SLURM GUI session and specify the module you want as the default beast module could be different from the one you'd like to run.
module load gui gui start --module beast/2.6.0 -e beauti
See GUI Programs for reference.
Some versions of BEAST/BEAUTI may be available in OnDemand.
- Use -beagle_GPU beast command-line argument to invoke BEAST with GPU acceleration when running in a GPU Job
- To use CPU acceleration the beagle library use the
'-beagle_SSE -beagle_instances N'command line switches where 'N' equals to the number of requested Beagle library instances.
- To limit the number of computing cores Beast will use for posterior computation to the number requested from the batch system use the
'-threads N'where 'N' is the number of threads. Then, the job resource request should be equal to
nodes=1:ppn=Xwhere X = N + 1.
- General performance considerations - http://www.beast2.org/beagle-beast-2-in-cluster/.
- Beast2 plugins are installed into your personal directory. This means that you need to start Beauti and install plugins manually.